Eklat at the entrance of the Turkish football team in Iceland 2

Eklat at the entrance of the Turkish football team in Iceland

VIn the qualifying match between Turkey and Iceland, controlling the entrance of the Turkish football team at Keflavik airport was a scandal. The team had to wait about two hours for passport control and was subjected to strict security checks, the official Anadolu news agency reported on Monday. Spokesman Ibrahim Kalin described President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's unknown delays as "disrespectful" and "unacceptable".

After landing in Reykjavik on Sunday night, the Turkish train maneuver lasted two days before the duel with the hosts for hours. Team Senol Günes, head coach of the team, reported on the intensive security checks carried out by Turkish newspapers on personal checks and the thorough search of their luggage.

The airport operator, Isavia, rejected the charges and declared that international rules required its employees to submit all passengers to a security check. The process would have taken 80 minutes. "Security checks are usually quick, but they were a bit longer last night because there were a lot of electronic devices and liquids in the pockets of passengers that were not always removed at in advance, "Isavia continued. In addition, the Konya airport, from which the players started, was not certified by the International Aviation Authority, stricter controls were carried out, added a senior official. operator.

In addition, a foreigner had asked Captain Emre Belözoglu to hold a cleaning brush instead of a microphone under his nose. Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu called the treatment on Twitter "unacceptable". Fahrettin Altun, director of communications for Turkish President Erdogan, also protested and wrote on Twitter that the treatment was incompatible with diplomatic courtesy or sportsmanship. "I condemn the authorities and officials who are responsible for what happened." Erdogan called Nihat Özdemir, president of the Turkish Football Federation (TFF), and told the team that the Turkish version was in force. People are at their side.

According to Anadolu, Turkey's ambassador to Norway, Fazli Corman, went to Iceland following the incident. The Turkish national team arrived late Sunday night. The qualifying match for the 2020 European Championship in Group H will take place on Tuesday evening (at 20:45). DAZN). Sportsman, it's very good for the Turks with three wins in three games. He also has a Bundesliga player his share.

Towards the tenth goal, a scream broke out, said the Turkish TV reporter. Kaan Ayhan, who opened the scoring with a 2-0 win over world champion France, sparked the fans' enthusiasm in the Anatolian Konya stadium. Ayhan, who was one of the most prominent professionals of the last Bundesliga season at Fortuna Dusseldorf, was particularly happy. The native of Gelsenkirchen has scored four goals to the most dangerous defenders of the league. Fortuna would like to keep the player aged 24, who has a contract until June 30, 2021, but now the former national junior player of the DFB has also attracted international attention.