The pollen calendar 2019 shows which pollens are leaking and when. There is also information for people suffering from allergies and hay fever.
Pollenkalender 2019: Which pollens are currently flying?
In what months do people with allergies have to adapt to which pollen species? This can vary slightly from one year to the next. In general, the pollen calendar will look like this in 2019:
- mugwort: Mid-June to mid-August
- birch: Beginning of March to mid-May
- Erle: Mid-January to early April
- herbs: Mid-April to mid-August
- Hazel: End of January to beginning of April
- rye: Mid-March to end of August
- ashes: Beginning of March to beginning of May
Current number of pollen: symptoms of pollen allergy and hay fever
These are the most common symptoms of pollen allergy and hay fever:
- Sneezing and runny nose
- Itch stimulus
- Fatigue during the day
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva
- Itchy nose, eyes or mouth
- Hypersensitivity of the nose
Those who notice these symptoms of hay fever should act. In the long term, hay fever can be treated with immunotherapy or hyposensitization. For the treatment of symptoms, there are tablets, nasal sprays or eye drops. However, these antihistamines have side effects, including fatigue. This can be avoided by taking them in the evening, experts say.
In addition, alternatives such as cortisone hay fever sprays are now also available without a prescription. The Stiftung Warentest has already tested resistance to hay fever, including over-the-counter: In the test: The best preparations for pollen. (AZ)
The themes follow