Saturday 2 November 2019
A glance at your own refrigerator is recommended in many countries: the Fleisch-Krone Feinkost meatballs may contain Listeria. Previously, the authorities had seized 1.6 tons of grilled meat skewers in Hesse as a result of the Wilke sausage scandal.
Fleisch-Krone Feinkost GmbH reminded of meatballs as a precaution against Listeria. Concerned is the article "Gut Bartenhof Classic Meatballs and Meatballs" with lot numbers 97812 and 97813 and the expiration date 05.11.2019. The next is "yes! Meatballs" in the 500 gram pack with expiration dates 05.11.2019 and 20.11.2019. The consumption of the products is strongly discouraged, they said.
Products with the "Gut Bartenhof" designation can be found at the Norma branches of Aichach (Bavaria), Rossau (Saxony), Ahrensfelde (Brandenburg), Dettingen (Baden-Wuerttemberg), Rheinbollen (Rhineland-Palatinate) and Kerpen (North Rhine- Westphalia) delivered. The "yes! Meatballs" were delivered based on information provided by food alert.de in Lower Saxony and North Rhine-Westphalia.
Listeria (Listeria monocytogenes) are naturally occurring bacteria. Only a few people get sick of the so-called listeriosis. In healthy adults, the infectious disease usually runs inconspicuously or takes a harmless course with flu-like symptoms. The infection is dangerous for immunocompromised persons and pregnant women. The number of diseases varies between 300 and 600 cases per year in Germany. On average, seven percent kill mortally.
Wilke scandal: 1.6 tons of meat skewers destroyed
In the context of the Listeria scandal surrounding the sausage manufacturer Wilke, the authorities assured 1.6 tons of torches and skewers on Friday. The goods must be destroyed, since it cannot be excluded that it comes from Wilke, said the Ministry of Consumer Protection in Wiesbaden. The trigger was an anonymous announcement that went on October 18 at the Kassel Regional Council and attention to the previously unknown distribution of barbecue torches and meat skewers in the Waldeck-Frankenberg district. The goods must be made exclusively with products from the Wilke company and sold on stalls during major events such as concerts, markets and exhibition activities.
The competent authority had prosecuted the suspect the same day, the ministry said. The company in which the products were found was able to prove that from October 2019 it buys meat from other establishments. However, it was not entirely certain that there was no Wilke sausage in the stocks. At the beginning of October, the authorities closed the meat producer of Northern Hesse Wilke. Previously, Listeria germs had been repeatedly detected. Three deaths and 37 diseases were linked to Wilke products. The Kassel prosecutor's office investigates for negligent homicide against the CEO.
The Foodwatch consumer organization criticized the ministry for maintaining essential and health-related information: "If the products have already reached the final consumers, where was that in which sales points?" # 39; association. Furthermore, there was no public notice.
Priska Hinz, Hessen's consumer protection minister, drafted an interim report on the Wilke case on Thursday. He acknowledged weaknesses in food control and announced improvements. Among other things, in the future there will be more unannounced checks in risky companies. In addition, the counties must report the country more precisely. The same food companies should improve their controls and document more.