Categories
Good King news

Mette-Marit from Norway: the Crown Princess of Norway apologizes

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway (46) regrets her connection to the alleged sex offender Jeffrey Epstein (1953-2019). This was announced by the royal house in a statement. The Norwegian newspaper "Dagens Næringsliv" had previously reported that the 46-year-old had hit the American billionaire several times. Epstein was found dead in his cell in August. He was charged with sexual abuse and incitement to prostitution among many underage girls between 2002 and 2005.

Mette-Marit expresses condolences to the victims of Epstein

"I would have never had contact with Epstein if I had knowledge of his criminal activities, I should have treated his past with caution and I regret not to have done so" said Mette-Marit in her statement. Through her work with international organizations, she has witnessed the damage done to women and children by sexual abuse in recent years. Everyone has a responsibility in the fight against sexual violence. "I want to express my deepest sympathy and solidarity to the victims of Jeffrey Epstein."

According to "Dagens Næringsliv", Mette-Marit met Epstein several times between 2011 and 2013 – mainly in the United States. They learned to know each other accordingly through mutual knowledge. "There was a meeting at Mr Epstein's home and the Crown Princess had a brief meeting with him when he was in Oslo," Guri Varpe, head of the court's communication, told the newspaper. There were other people in all the meetings. During a holiday in St. Barthelemy, the Crown Princess also accidentally met Mr. Epstein in the street. This was the first and only time Crown Prince Haakon (46) met Epstein.

Crown Princess broke contact with Epstein in 2013

Neither Haakon nor Mette-Marit were aware of Epstein's past, Varpe continued. Epstein was convicted in 2008 for using the prostitution services of a 14-year-old teenager. In return for this admission, the public prosecutor's office then abandoned other allegations. In 2013, the Crown Princess finally broke off contact with Mr. Epstein.

A British royal involved in the Epstein scandal

Prince Andrew (59), son of Queen Elizabeth II (93), has been in the forefront of his friendship with the alleged sexual abuser in recent weeks. Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein's attorneys, said she had to sleep with Prince Andrew in London, New York and on the private Caribbean island in Epstein between 1999 and the age of 17 years old. In an interview with the BBC, the prince denied a clash with Giuffre, but eventually retired from all his royal posts. BBC One will broadcast an interview with Giuffre on Monday 2 December at 9 pm (German time), where it will be shown for the first time on British television.